Wednesday 15 December 2010

waiting

So there are three candles lighted up already on the Advent wreath and I still don't know if in a week time, on Wednesday evening, "I'll be home for Christmas"... Honestly I would rather wait longer than find out quickly and receive bad news! So for now it's all about fingers crossed and waiting...
...also for my final results from Open University, which are announced online on the 17th December - hopefully I should be able to access them on Thursday after midnight :) It's funny how it all seems to so far away and so long ago - studying, making notes and the day of the exam itself. I am not stressed at all anymore, just curious...
On the 17th, but a bit later (during the day;)) we also have our Christmas lunch at work - my team goes out for a special meal. I hope it will be nice. It's quite a new group of people to me, and some of them seem to know each other for ages, but they are all very friendly and open. We also organised Secret Santa, so we shall have some fun during the lunch unwrapping our gifts :)
In the meantime, while counting down days to Christmas and holiday break (I am running out of energy, and I can't wait to get some rest, proper sleep and "not working" time!), I try to figure out how to bake a proper poppy seed cake and gingerbread cookies without the traditional ingredients I cannot buy in here, where to get a nice Christmas tree and how it's going to be like if in the end we stay here...

A small addition - I watched the third part of "The Chronicles of Narnia", a new movie based on another novel from the famous series by C. S. Lewis. It was heart-warming and moving, especially one of the last scenes, with Aslan. I hope to spend more time with Narnia in my spare moments... maybe during Christmas? It seems like a perfect time to come back to this story.

A trailer just to get a little taste of the amazing picture. The real value however lies deeper than in the form :)

No comments: